I didn't post much last year, but I've manage to reach the 250 mark today. I'm proud that I've stuck with it at least. The main reason I have is YOU!! I have so enjoyed the friendships I've made and things I have learned from other quilters and bloggers.
I think this year that by having posted my goals and having you there to be accountable to (and celebrate with me) that I will work harder at them.
I have spent much less time on the internet today. : ) I did a little organizing in the sewing room. I decided I wanted to make something small and fun today. I love Nancy Halverson's books and patterns. I've had her book Count on It for quite sometime. I made the January block. I'm very happy with it other than the letter "a" should have been a different color, so it would show up more. I had fun experimenting with different stitching options and used Steam a Seam 2. I also just glued the little buttons on for now.
Have you been reading the posts for the Quilting Secrets Blog Hop? I've really enjoyed the tips that the quilter's have shared. You might too.

Thanks for the tip tip!
ReplyDeleteJanet, this is such a cute little block. I seriously intended to do some sewing today, but I have had tummy issues. I hope I feel well enough tomorrow to work on something. I am down to the last 2 blocks of my Raggedy and Friends quilt. I am hand quilting it. I will be glad to get this one done. Have fun.
ReplyDeleteWow - I was just typing and Blogger just "deleted me". I'll try this again.
ReplyDeleteI've enjoyed your blog since I "somehow" came upon your blog. I didn't post last year at all so I , too, am "getting back into it". I especially love your posts about your land and animals.
Great little piece.
Such a sweet little block. Glad you got some sewing done already. What a nice way to start the new year.
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling snowman block! I may have to look for that book and make these. It would be the perfect addition to my mud-laundry-entry room. I'm thinking it would make me smile every time I walked in. I did see Barbara's post on the applique - it was amazing, but I need to go back and see what everyone else is sharing.
ReplyDeleteIt always makes my day to see a post from you pop up, but I know how busy life can get. Looking forward to more of life on the ranch and your pretty projects in 2013!
Your snowman is adorable! :0)
ReplyDeleteIt is VERY cute just the way it is. If you wanted to make the "a" stand out more you could always embellish it with some buttons or beads, but it is certainly not necessary! 8) I hardly blogged at all last year. I'm sure this year will have lots of elder-care at a distance issues in it too; but hopefully the issues will not be as emergent as they were in 2012 since FIL and GMIL are both in more appropriate housing this year. Hope on, hope ever! And happy 250th
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Janet,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on reaching 250 posts- that is a nice number to reach. I have just reached 150 posts - another nice number to reach- I can relate to posting intermittently- sometimes life just gets too busy.
Good luck with your new goals. Your snowman is very cute-
Regards from Western Canada,
Anna
Congrats on your 250th. I love the little January quilt, it's so cute.
ReplyDeleteI like Nancy's patterns, too -- they're such fun! Your snowfellow is just darling -- really sweet! I've really learned some great tips in the Quilter's Secrets hop!! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy 250th! And love the snowman!! xxx
ReplyDeleteOh, wow! Snow stuck to the sides of the "bob war"! I love your photos--it is such a different world from mine in central Texas. We have barbed wire, and I've seen tiny icicles hanging from it, but never snow. I don't blame the cat for staying inside where it's warm.
ReplyDeleteCute snowman!
ReplyDelete